We welcome one small/medium sized well behaved and house-trained dog in each property. Puppies are not permitted as they may chew the furniture or soft furnishings and the open plan layout of the properties are not suitable for them. We want all our guests to enjoy their visit, regardless of whether they have a dog or not, and so if you bring a dog you will be expected to follow some simple dog rules for the relevant property.
We allow 1 dog per property which must be booked in, just like their human guests, and we levy an additional cleaning charge – £15 in the Potting Shed, and £20 in Shepherds View.
Dogs are not permitted on beds under any circumstance – if your dog has a tendency to jump on the bed then please don’t bring it. Throws are provided for the sofa, which must be used if your dog is used to such luxury, but please keep them from contact with other soft furnishings. Your dog must not be left in the property alone at any time.
There are lots of dog walks straight from the door, and the Dufton Ghyll walk is ideal as they can be let off the lead here. Please keep your dog on the lead until you are off the property. Please pick up after your dog – there is a bin on the green opposite Hall Croft for this purpose.
The Stag Inn is dog friendly and has a flag-stone area where dogs are permitted, but you will need to book a table in advance for this area as it gets busy.
- On arrival and in common areas please keep your dog on a lead as other guests may have dogs too, so control is important at all times. Dogs are allowed off the lead in the garden of the respective property only, with the gate shut.
- Be up to date with flea/tick treatments
- Absolutely no dogs on beds
- We regret that dogs that bark continuously are not allowed as they will disturb other guests.
- This is sheep country and many of the walks go through fields where there may be sheep/lambs grazing. You must follow the Countryside code and keep your dog on a lead where livestock are present.
- Please carry out a basic clean prior to departure to remove dog hairs as much as possible. If properties require serious additional cleaning we will have to charge an additional £100 fee to cover the cost.
- Please wash muddy paws using the hose outside the property (and not in the shower or bath) and then dry their feet using the dog towels provided. We recommend you bring your own where possible as well as back up.
In Shepherds View please do not allow your dog upstairs until it has dried off fully – a stair gate is provided for this purpose.
- All dog related damage must be paid for.
To make your dog’s stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible we provide:
- Dog basket
Dog bowls, poop bags and dog treats
Throws for the sofa
Details of suitable walks
Outside tap when they get really muddy
Stair gate (in Shepherds View)
Please do not take any of these items home with you.